Spider season seems to be upon us and if, like us, the little critters freak you out, here are some tips to keep them at bay.
- Clean up – keeping your home clean is the most effective way to deter spiders.
- Cover up gaps – minimise the amount of cracks or gaps in your windows, doors and floorboards.
- Lights off – certain insects are attracted to light and they then become a food source for spiders.
- Citrus Peels – save lemon and lime peels and place them round window sills or areas spiders are appearing.
- Homemade deterrent – peppermint oils and lemon oils mixed with water can be sprayed around areas to help keep them at bay.
- Spider catcher – if all else fails and you want to get rid of them humanely, invest in a spider catcher that allows you to catch them at arm’s length, like this one here